Vice President Yemi Osinbajo
FG won’t give up anti-corruption war –Osinbajo
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has said that the Federal Government will not relent in its anti-corruption battle.
He said the anti-corruption crusade
embarked upon by President Muhammadu Buhari was not meant to intimidate
anybody in the country as being insinuated in some quarters.
Osinbajo, who stated this in a chat with
some journalists on Friday at a burial ceremony of a member of the
Redeemed Christian Church of God, the late Mrs. Janet Oladoye, in
Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State, accused the Peoples Democratic Party of trying
to prevent the anti-corruption war.
The
Vice-President, who was welcomed at the event by a large crowd of
residents of the town and members of the APC from the 18 local
government area of the state amid tight security, explained that the
anti-corruption crusade was not designed to intimidate any politician.
According to him, the list of the people
who have been arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission
so far shows that the anti-corruption war is not a witch-hunt.
He, however, said that anyone found guilty of corruption would be made to face the wrath of the law irrespective of his status.
No comments:
Post a Comment